Discord is a chatting application for gamers. But due to its brilliant features, it has become equally popular in developer and crypto communities. In crypto and blockchain-based Discord servers, users get to interact and learn from highly qualified technical people. But, before any interaction, users first have to join a server.
What are Discord Servers?
Discord servers are communities dedicated to a specific topic or field. For example, cryptocurrency trading servers, blockchain programming servers, or NFT related servers, all are available on Discord. Each server then further has different channels dedicated to specific sub-topics.
Let’s take an example of a cryptocurrency trading server. This server would have channels dedicated to the cryptocurrencies of interest to the people in the community like Bitcoin, Eth and Monero XMR.
When you join a server, you usually get access to all of the text and voice channels automatically.Crypto Discords are growing at a rapid rate. Read this article to learn how to use them effectively. Click To Tweet
How to use Discord effectively?
For new users, Discord can be a bit tricky to use properly and therefore offers attraction to the scammers looking to take advantage. Here are some key points that you should remember to use crypto-related discord servers efficiently.
- Avoid sharing files and personal information with strangers in public servers.
- If something looks too good to be true, it mostly is! Don’t engage with it.
- Never be tempted to click on a random link.
- Always use Two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Carefully filter friend requests and only allow direct messages from friends.
What to look for in a Discord server?
So, what server to join? This question can be annoying for new users. That’s why we are giving you a list of things to look for before joining a crypto discord server.
- Check if the server is related to the topic of your interest – trading, news or development, etc.
- See if there are guard bots in the server. Guard bots protect users from spam.
- The number of users in a server is also an important thing to look for.
- Check the community’s reputation by doing some research (google is your friend).
- See if the channels that matter are free or hidden behind a paywall.
The crypto market is expanding at a rapid rate and as it grows more people would want to join crypto communities in order to facilitate their journey in the crypto world. Discord offers excellent services for new people in the crypto space to learn, grow and make new friends along their journey. I hope that people reading this will give Discord a chance.Not everyone needs to be on Crypto discords, but if you decide to be, then read this to do it properly. Click To Tweet
NFTs on crypto discord servers are attracting the most attention right now. Learn about them here.
Suleman is a part-time crypto writer and full-time book addict. He holds a master’s degree in Chemical Engineering. Nothing excites Suleman like a well-organized fundamental analysis for long-term investment.